Attention Cincinnati Region Undergraduate and Graduate Students!
You could win one of multiple scholarship opportunities!
This year the Cincinnati Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals Roundtable sponsors a bi-annual competition for Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana students enrolled in 2013. Students are invited to apply for one or more multiple scholarships to be awarded this year on April 11th, 2013 for use during the 2013 year to promote careers in supply chain management and their professional development.
Scholarship opportunities to be awarded:
- Two (2) sponsorship packages including registration to the 2013 CSCMP Global Conference in Denver, CO (Oct. 20th-23rd, 2013), round-trip airfare, hotel, meals, and incidental travel expenses. This is a valuable opportunity to meet and network with industry professionals potentially leading to internships or other career opportunities.
- One (1) – $500 scholarship (or for a team project -submission up to $500/awarded across project team) toward fees, books and study materials.
- Current student matriculated at a bachelor’s or masters’ program in the Tri-State region
- Enrolled – Spring 2013 semester
- Recommendation by one of student’s current professors or supervisors– to be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com from their school or work email address by March 24th, 2013.
- Students are encouraged to explore a topic of interest and/or to leverage research that they are conducting during the semester either individually or as a project team.
- Material should be submitted electronically in any of the following formats: MS-Word, PDF or Video and received not later than Sunday, March 24th, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com containing the following:
- Student(s) CV/resume´ to include name, address, permanent email, phone number, GPA through Fall Semester 2012 and expected date of graduation.
- A short (1-2 page) essay on how student(s) became interested in a career in supply chain management, including your near and longer term goals in the field.
- Indicate which scholarship opportunity or opportunities you have interest for.
Relevant logistics or supply chain topic research
- For papers: Typed 5-pages; double – spaced; one inch margins; font size 10 pt., May include appendices, charts, graphs etc.
- For videos:
a. Minimum 3 minutes, not to exceed 10 minutes
b. Provide a link to a web-based platform for viewing (i.e. youtube.com)
- Winners will provide a brief presentation of their topic at the Cincinnati CSCMP student & Ecommerce event at Miami University, Oxford, OH, Thursday evening April 11th, 2013.
A selection committee from the board of directors of the Cincinnati Roundtable will determine the winning project. Winners will be notified in April and will be asked to provide a brief presentation of their findings at the April 11th student awards event.
Questions regarding the scholarship process should be directed to Lisa F. Danahy, Education Chair, Cincinnati Roundtable, CSCMP daytime: 513.869.3151 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information is available at the national website: http://cscmp.org